The Primary Inter-association 7-a-side competition due to be held at the Academy of Light on Sat 21 Nov was cancelled because the pitches were waterlogged.
- NCSFA East U16 Boys: North Yorkshire 6 Durham 3
- NCSFA East U18s: North Yorkshire 0 Durham 3
- ESFA U14 Girls Inter-county Trophy Rd 1: Durham 4 Cheshire 0
- NCSFA East U16 Girls: Northumberland 3 Durham 2
YEAR 7 (U12) 5-a-side COUNTY FINALS
Could association secretaries please inform Alan Johnston, by the end of term, with the names of their representatives for the County finals of the boys and girls 5-a-side competitions. Both finals will be held at the Louisa Centre, Stanley
- BOYS: Tues 12 Jan 2016 from 1pm until 4pm
- GIRLS: Tues 19 Jan 2016 from 1pm until 4pm
The team winning the respective boys and girls competition will represent DCSFA in the ESFA Area A Final at the Soccerdome, North Shields on Tues 9 Feb 2016 commencing 12 noon.
- NCSFA East: U18s v Cumbria at Darlington RA on Thurs 26 Nov ko 6.30pm
- ESFA U16 Boys Inter-county Trophy: Merseyside v Durham at Liverpool Soccer Centre on Sat 28 Nov ko 1pm
Back Row: Jayven Redman, Harry Wood, Lewis Walton, Kieron Stoker, Harry Jewitt, Jordan Lee, Nathan Stephenson, Callum Boakes, Mr M Lindsay
Front Row: Mr R Hope, Ethan Harker, Johnny Winlow, Andrei Ardelean, Joe Atkinson, Brad Hird, Conor Henderson, James Marley
Darlington PSFA and Sunderland PSFA will represent the north east region in the ESFA Premier League Programme National Tournament later in the season.
For the second successive season the Leadgate Eden Colliery Cup, which is for small schools, was won by Murton St Joseph's RC Primary School. St Joseph's will represent DCSFA in the North Region Final of the ESFA Danone Nations Small Schools' Soccer Sevens.
For the second time in three seasons the Daniel O'Hare Memorial Trophy was won by Easington Colliery Primary School. The team will represent DCSFA in the North Region Final of the ESFA Danone Nations 7-a-side Schools' Cup for School Teams.
The County Final of the ESFA Danone Nations Girls' Cup will take place on Wed 2 Dec at Durham Community Business College, Ushaw Moor commencing 4pm.
Primary Inter-association 5-a-side competition will take place on Sat 19 Dec at Louisa Centre, Stanley commencing 10am. Districts participating are Chester-le-Street, Darlington, South Tyneside and Sunderland.
- Durham v Cumbria and Northumberland v North Yorkshire scheduled for Sat 14 Nov were postponed due to the pitches being waterlogged. Merseyside v Lancashire (17.11.15) was a late casualty of the weather. In the double header at Thirsk, North Yorkshire U16 Boys beat Durham 6-3 but their U18 team lost 0-3. South Yorkshire had a pleasing visit to Cleveland with their U16 Boys and U18s drawing 1-1 and 3-3 respectively whilst their U16 Girls won 9-2.
- U16 Girls: League Tables (21.11.15)
- U16 Boys: League Tables (21.11.15)
- U18s: League Tables (21.11.15)
ESFA U15 GIRLS' TRIALS
Chloe Ryan (Hummersknott Academy) has been selected to represent the ESFA North Region against the South in the final trial for the ESFA U15 Girls squad on Sun 13 Dec at Stafford Town FC. Congratulations to the Chloe on her selection.
ESFA U18 TRIALS
Nathan Stephenson (Greenfield Community College) has been selected to represent the North against the Midlands on Sat 28 Nov in the next stage of trials for a place in the ESFA U18 international squad for 2016.
ESFA AFFILIATION 2015-16
This applies to ALL District and County Associations running representative teams.
It is a requirement of affiliation to ESFA for season 2015-16 to register ALL staff working with representative sides. To date, many Associations have complied fully with this requirement, however some Associations have still not completed the affiliation correctly. ESFA do not wish to prevent children from playing football and therefore have decided to extend the deadlines for compliance.
The portal will be opened for editing/updating information from 1st September 2015
In order to affiliate your Association to compete in ESFA representative competitions you must:
- Register ALL team staff before 30 SEPTEMBER, on the ESFA portal via the affiliation process.
- There must be a minimum of one staff member per representative team
- Even if the staff are not yet compliant (no FA CRC), they must be listed on the portal
- It is the responsibility of the Association's Welfare Officer to ensure all staff are listed on the portal and that information is correct
- Once all staff are listed, affiliation will be accepted on a temporary basis.
Associations have until 31 DECEMBER to ensure all staff have an up to date FA CRC check and comply with ESFA rules for AOTT status.
- Once ALL staff are compliant, full affiliation will be granted
- Failure to comply with the above will mean that your Association remains non-compliant
- Non-compliance means from 1st January 2016, your teams will not be allowed to participate in ANY competitions and insurance cover will not be in place.
- Where staff are not listed on the portal, they will be working without insurance as compliancy will not be checked.
- Associations allowing adults to continue working with children without an FA CRC check will be legally responsible
Association secretaries are urged to work closely with their Association Welfare Officer to ensure these requirements are met by the deadlines indicated above, and should liaise closely with Sarah DaCosta and Martin Duffield where there are issues that need resolving.
A good away win in difficult conditions
Durham suffer a narrow defeat
Durham narrowly beaten
Next page: DCSFA Officers