DCSFA U14 GIRLS
The following squad of girls have been selected for 2016-17.
- Rebecca Bell (Hermitage Academy, Chester-le-Street)
- Grace Boyes (St Wilfrid’s RC College, South Shields)
- Jasmine Elliott-Wood (St Thomas More RC, Blaydon)
- Niamh Hilditch (St Bede’s RC, Lanchester)
- Caitlyn Jackson (St Bede’s RC, Peterlee)
- Freya Johnson (Teesdale School, Barnard Castle)
- Ellie Jayne Laidler (St Thomas More RC, Blaydon
- Molly Anne Maguire (Durham Johnston)
- Lauren Mallows (North Durham Academy)
- Libbi McInnes (Oxclose Community Academy)
- Tia McKitterick (Sandhill View Academy, Sunderland)
- Jasmine McQuade (St Bede’s RC, Peterlee)
- Courtney Mole (Whitworth Park School, Spennymoor)
- Erin Nicholson (Park View, Chester-le-Street)
- Jessica Ridley (St Robert of Newminster RC, Washington)
- Mia Ross (Whitworth Park School, Spennymoor)
- Nicole Scott (Sedgefield Community College)
- Abby Towers (Venerable Bede CE, Ryhope)
- Catherine Wilson (Hummersknott Academy, Darlington)
- Chloe Wymer (Bishop Barrington School, Bishop Auckland)
Congratulations go to Darlington PSFA who were winners of the ESFA Premier League Inter-association 9-a-side competition which was held in Manchester.
DCSFA U16 GIRLS
The following girls have been selected for 2016-17.
- Jael Anderson (Kepier, Houghton-le-Spring)
- Daisy Appleton (Carmel College, Darlington)
- Jenny Ashton (St Leonard's RC, Durham)
- Holly Brace (St Anthony's Girls Catholic Academy, Sunderland)
- Sarah Clifford (Carmel College, Darlington)
- Ellie Gutcher (St Joseph's Catholic Academy, Hebburn)
- Abbie Lambert (St Bede's RC, Lanchester)
- Bethany Middlemas (Hermitage Academy, Chester-le-Street)
- Natalie Clarke (St Bede's RC, Lanchester)
- Dominyka Podziute (Southmoor Academy, Sunderland)
- Alexis Prest (Red House Academy, Sunderland)
- Melissa Storey (Hetton School)
- Bethany White (Hebburn School)
- Sharna Wilkinson (Harton College of Technology)
- Rachel Woolston (Biddick Academy, Washington)
ESFA CHAIRMAN'S NEWS JULY 2016
Annual General Meeting
Andrea has confirmed to everyone that the ESFA AGM will be on Saturday 10 September 2016, as had been previously intimated. The exact venue will be confirmed at the earliest opportunity but it will be somewhere in Central London.
As you know the plans are to hold a Special General Meeting in the morning followed by the Annual General Meeting after lunch in the afternoon. As part of the Service Level Agreements, County Schools Associations are committed to attending one meeting a year with the ESFA.
The next meeting of the ESFA / FA Talent Pathway Group is on Wednesday 20 July at St George’s Park. Neil Hopwood and John Appleby will join our Chief Executive for this meeting. They will be discussing issues relating to our Girls U15 International side as well as the ongoing problems associated with the Inter-County Girls football programme. Andrea has recently had a helpful meeting with Baroness Sue Campbell who is currently doing an overview of the Women’s and Girls game in England.
ESFA / FA Partners Group
It was agreed at the last meeting that there is not now the necessity for this group to meet at Wembley so frequently. We are now looking at just two meetings a year.
Many thanks to those of you who made donations to Dawn following the retirement of John as our ESFA Chief Executive. I shall be giving John a (sizeable) cheque at some time in the near future in London. Anyone who wishes to join me on this occasion will be very welcome.
Peter Chisholm MBE
I have written a letter to Pete to congratulate him on his award in the 2016 Queen’s Birthday Honours. Pete was Manager of our ESFA Under 18 International Team in the game that marked the ESFA’s Centenary in 2004.
ESFA Council News
Keith Cahillane from Merseyside has been properly nominated and seconded for the vacancy on Council in the North Region caused by the resignation of Mark Shackleton. A South-West member has withdrawn the nomination he submitted. I met recently with our new Independent Council Member, Ciaran McCartan, who lives in the London Borough of Ealing.
Andy Weston and Steve Swallow are to be congratulated for having now met with 42 of our 44 County Schools Associations. Meetings are in the diary with the last two counties. I am told that twenty-six counties have applied for the administration grant of up to £4K per year for 3 years. A second window for applications is open until Monday 12 September.
National Finals 2015-2016
All the 2015-2016 ESFA National Finals have now been completed. The results of all the games are on the ESFA website. Once again I would like to relay my thanks to Darren for his excellent leadership of the National Competitions Department this season.
ESFA 10 / 25 / 40 / 50 Year Awards
Nominations are now open and need to be with your Area Council Member by 31 July for ratification and submission to the ESFA Office by 31 August 2016.
Rod Houston Under 14 Cup
The Schools Association Football International Board (SAFIB) will be organising a girls’ tournament, a parallel event to the Allen McKinstry Boys Cup, in October 2016. The tournament will be held at the Lilleshall National Sports Centre. SAFIB anticipate that the Girls Under 14 Champions from Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, Scotland and Wales, as well as the ESFA, will take part. The ESFA Under 14 Girls Champions are Thomas Telford School.
Repton School Coaching Courses
The boys arrive on Saturday 20 August 2016 and depart on the following Wednesday (4 nights). The girls course will begin on Monday 22 August and will also conclude on Wednesday 24 August (2 nights). Accommodation, food and coaching are all included in the course fee. County Schools Secretaries are at liberty to make further nominations. Please contact David Ebberson or Sue Gifford if you have players who might be interested.
Next page: DCSFA Officers