ESFA DANONE PRIMARY COMPETITIONS
Easington Colliery Primary School's attempt to win both the ESFA Danone Girls' Cup and the ESFA Danone Schools' Cup for School Teams at King Power Stadium, home of Leicester City FC were dashed. Although both teams won one game this was not enough for them to qualify from the group stages into the semi-finals.
DCSFA CUP FINAL RESULTS
- U15 County Cup: St Robert of Newminster RC 1 Cardinal Hume RC 3
- U19 Senior Knockout Cup: St Thomas More RC 0 St Robert of Newminster RC 3
- U16 Bert Hodgson Trophy: Oxclose Community Academy 2 Whitburn CE Academy 2 (aet) -- Oxclose won 5-3 on penalties
- U19 League Cup Final: Durham Johnston 1 St Robert of Newminster RC 4
- U16 Lambton Trophy: Stockton 3 Hartlepool 0
- U13 TUC Cup: High Tunstall College 0 St Joseph's Catholic Academy 7
- U14 Girls County Cup: Kepier 2 Biddick Academy 6
- U15 Londonderry Cup: Cardinal Hume RC 4 Dyke House Sports College 1
- U13 Joicey Cup: Framwellgate 0 Whitburn CE Academy 2
- U13 Girls County Cup: St Bede's RC (Peterlee) 3 Durham Johnston 4
- U14 CIC Cup: Durham Johnston 0 Easington Academy 0 (aet) -- Durham Johnston won 7-6 on penalties
- U15 Sunderland Children's Hospital Cup: Bishop Auckland 1 Sunderland 2
- U19 League Play-off: Carmel College 0 St Thomas More RC 3
- U12 Crompton & Harrison Trophy: Hermitage Academy 0 Durham Johnston 4
- U14 Inter-association Knockout Trophy: Bishop Auckland 2 Middlesbrough 2 (aet) -- Middlesbrough won 4-2 on penalties
- U16 Girls County Cup: St Leonard's RC 2 St Joseph's Catholic Academy 2 (aet) -- St Joseph's won 4-2 on penalties
- U14 Hartlepool Hospital Cup: Stockton SFA 5 Newcastle SFA 1
- U19 Albert Knox Trophy: East Durham College 4 Darlington College 0
Sunderland PSFA won the Harrison Cup for the fifth time in six seasons. This the 15th time the association has won the competition outright. On 5 other occasions they have shared the trophy.
After finishing as runners-up in last season's Alan Grimes Trophy Broadway Junior School did even better this season by winning the competition.
Easington Colliery Primary School won their third County cup of the season. This time a team of younger players successfully retained the Year 4 Trophy. This is the 4th time Easington Colliery have won this competition.
Easington Colliery Primary School's excellent season continued when their girls team won the Girls' Trophy to make it 4 County trophies won this season.
Mowden Junior School, Darlington won the Ty McGurk 5-a-side Trophy.
The Primary Inter-association 5-a-side competition was won, for the fourth time, by Darlington PSFA. This victory by Darlington prevented Sunderland from winning the trophy for the fifth season in a row.
Darlington PSFA and Sunderland PSFA will represent the north east region in the ESFA Premier League Programme National Tournament later in the season.
ESFA CHAIRMAN'S NEWS MAY 2016
Annual General Meeting
Early notification is given that the Annual General Meeting of the English Schools Football Association will be held on Saturday 25 June 2016. The meeting will take place at the Beacon International Centre, Staffordshire Technology Park, Beaconside, Stafford. Lunch will be served to all delegates at around 13.00 hours. The Chairman’s Dinner this year will be on Friday evening, 24 June 2016, at 8 pm.
Independent Council Member
The Honorary Auditors (Peter Jordan, David Lailey and Dave Prothero) visited the ESFA headquarters on 11 and 12 April to interview for the vacant ESFA Independent Council Member position. They will be recommending one candidate to the AGM.
Nominations have now opened for the Repton Coaching Courses during the Summer Holidays. We are currently short of nominations. There are two development courses, Under 17 for boys and U14 for girls. The boys arrive on Saturday 20 August 2016 and depart on the following Wednesday (4 nights). The girls course will begin on Monday 22 August and will also conclude on Wednesday 24 August (2 nights). Accommodation, food and coaching are all included in the course fee. The course schedule has been put together by the ESFA Development Committee. Notification of the courses went in the first instance to all our County Schools Secretaries.
Are there any golfers amongst membership who would be available on Wednesday 20 July to join the ESFA team at the inspiresport Golf Day at the Vale of Glamorgan Golf Club in South Wales?
As you may know by now both our International teams had very successful seasons, the girls winning the Bob Docherty Cup and the boys the Centenary Shield. The girls had a 100% winning record this season, playing 6 games and winning them all. The boys played 9 games in total, winning 6 and drawing one. Their only setbacks were during the Warm Weather Week in Spain when they lost twice to CF Villarreal.
The team management personnel of both sides will show considerable changes for next season. I take this opportunity to thank Miranda Hall, Amy Westmarland, Andy Blight, Andy Norwood and Steve Wilderspin for their efforts during their time with the teams. We will be interviewing for their replacements in due course.
The U15 Inter Association Trophy Final takes place at Nottingham Forest FC on Tuesday 3 May and at the same ground on Saturday 7 May Sussex U16s play North Yorkshire in the U16 Inter County Boys Final.
All the Premier League U16 Finals will take place at the new Etihad Complex at Manchester City Football Club on Wednesday 4 and Friday 6 May. Six National Finals are at Birmingham City FC on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, 9 - 11 May.
The Play Station National Finals (U12 to U15) will be played out at Reading Football Club with 5 matches each day on Monday 16, Tuesday 17 and Wednesday 18 May. Proceedings start at 0930 each day with the last game commencing at 1730.
The Danone U11 Championships will take place at Leicester City Football Club on Sunday 22 May.
Many thanks to Darren, Ed and Sarah on bringing all our competitions to the concluding stages. Please see the ESFA website for the full details of all our Finals.
40 / 50 Year Awards
It is always an honour and privilege to present these awards. At Fleetwood Town prior to the ESFA U18 v Scotland game I made seven presentations. Several appreciative letters have since been sent to Andrea. Another such occasion occurs on Tuesday 17 May at Reading Football Club when the PlayStation Finals are taking place. I will be delighted to present awards that day to another seven people including two Council Members.
Another successful occasion
Durham finish with a win
Late winner for Durham
A good away win in difficult conditions
Next page: DCSFA Officers