ESFA U16 BOYS INTER-COUNTY TROPHY ROUND 3
Cheshire v Durham on Sat 29 Nov at Macclesfield Town FC ko 3pm
NCSFA EAST LEAGUE
Durham U16 Boys and U18s v North Yorkshire on Sat 6 Dec at Chester-le-Street Riverside ko 11am
ESFA U18 INTER-COUNTY TROPHY ROUND 2
Durham v Shropshire on Mon 8 Dec at Seaham Red Star FC ko 6.30pm
ESFA MUNICH TROPHIES UNDER 12 INDOOR 5-a-side CUPS
The County Finals of the boys and girls competitions will be held at the Louisa Centre, Stanley. The winners of the local associations competitions need to be known by the end of the Autumn Term and forwarded to Alan Johnston.
- Boys: Tues 13 Jan 2015 (1pm to 4pm)
- Girls: Tues 20 Jan 2015 (1pm to 4pm)
- Primary Inter-association 7-a-side Trophy: Sunderland were unable to win this competition for the fourth consecutive season losing out to Chester-le-Street on goal difference. Results and Final Table
- Harrison Cup: Sunderland, at the halfway stage of their Harrison Cup programme, are well on the way to retaining the trophy. Darlington gained a good away point when they drew 3-3 with Chester-le-Street. League table at 22.11.14
- Derwent & Medomsley Cup: Middlesbrough progressed into the second round by beating Redcar & Cleveland 2-0.
- ESFA Danone Girls Cup: The County Final was won by Blue Coat Junior CE School, Durham who will represent DCSFA in the North Region Final. Seven schools, drawn into a group of 4 and a group of 3, contested the final. Blue Coat and Wingate Primary School topped the respective groups. The game between the group winners finished 0-0. Extra time failed to produce a goal. Blue Coat won the penalty shoot out 1-0. Results and Group Tables
- At the halfway stage in the East League programme Northumberland lead the way. Durham are currently second ahead of South Yorkshire on goal difference.
- Cumbria have completed their Northern Counties fixtures and almost gained a victory in their final match. The Cumbrians led 3-2 against Cleveland but the Teessiders equalised with about 10 minutes remaining.
- Lancashire by beating Greater Manchester 2-0, have played 3 games and won them all, are in a strong position to qualify for the Northern Counties semi-final. Cheshire recorded their second victory by beating Merseyside 4-1
- With 8 of the 15 matches played Northumberland top the East League with 6 pts ahead of Durham, South Yorkshire and Cleveland on goal difference. South Yorkshire moved into third place by beating North Yorkshire 2-1. Cleveland have played 2 matches more than their rivals.
- In the West League only 3 of the 10 matches have been played.
- Only a handful of games have been played in the East League. South Yorkshire (6 pts) have moved to the top of the group, on goal difference, after beating previous leaders North Yorkshire 7-0. Durham, Cleveland and Northumberland all have 3 pts.
- In the West League only 1 match has been played.
Chairman's Monthly Message: October 2014
ESFA Chairman has issued a statement (24.11.14) on the ESFA website to say that John Read (Chief Executive) has left the association due to retirement.
U15 GIRLS TRIALS
Poppy Pattinson (Kepier) has been selected to play in the final trial for the ESFA U15 Girls squad. The final trial will see a combined North/Midlands team played a squad selected from the South East/West on Sun 14 Dec at Stafford Town FC.
U18 BOYS TRIALS
Jonathan Corner (St Aidan's RC), Adam Curry (St Joseph's RC), Aidan Heywood (St Joseph's RC), James Martin (Gateshead College), Cameron Metcalfe (St Bede's RC, Lanchester) and Jordan Skelton (Gateshead College) have been selected for the ESFA North Region to play against the 3 other ESFA Regions in the next stage of trials for the ESFA U18 squad. These trials will take place at the National Sports Centre, Lilleshall from Fri 28 to Sun 30 Nov.
PHOTOGRAPH GALLERY 2014-15
Click on thumbnail to view larger image then use PREVIOUS key to return.
Chester-le-Street win on goal difference
Durham progress into round 2
Durham too strong for Cumbria
Durham progress into last 16 of National competition
North Region Trials
Late burst gives Durham victory
Cotsford worthy winners
Durham into Round 2 of national trophy
St Joseph’s RC are worthy winners
Next page: DCSFA Officers