DCSFA U14 GIRLS
The following squad of girls have been selected for 2016-17.
- Rebecca Bell (Hermitage Academy, Chester-le-Street)
- Grace Boyes (St Wilfrid’s RC College, South Shields)
- Jasmine Elliott-Wood (St Thomas More RC, Blaydon)
- Niamh Hilditch (St Bede’s RC, Lanchester)
- Caitlyn Jackson (St Bede’s RC, Peterlee)
- Freya Johnson (Teesdale School, Barnard Castle)
- Ellie Jayne Laidler (St Thomas More RC, Blaydon
- Molly Anne Maguire (Durham Johnston)
- Lauren Mallows (North Durham Academy)
- Libbi McInnes (Oxclose Community Academy)
- Tia McKitterick (Sandhill View Academy, Sunderland)
- Jasmine McQuade (St Bede’s RC, Peterlee)
- Courtney Mole (Whitworth Park School, Spennymoor)
- Erin Nicholson (Park View, Chester-le-Street)
- Jessica Ridley (St Robert of Newminster RC, Washington)
- Mia Ross (Whitworth Park School, Spennymoor)
- Nicole Scott (Sedgefield Community College)
- Abby Towers (Venerable Bede CE, Ryhope)
- Catherine Wilson (Hummersknott Academy, Darlington)
- Chloe Wymer (Bishop Barrington School, Bishop Auckland)
DCSFA U16 GIRLS
The following girls have been selected for 2016-17.
- Jael Anderson (Kepier, Houghton-le-Spring)
- Daisy Appleton (Carmel College, Darlington)
- Jenny Ashton (St Leonard's RC, Durham)
- Holly Brace (St Anthony's Girls Catholic Academy, Sunderland)
- Sarah Clifford (Carmel College, Darlington)
- Ellie Gutcher (St Joseph's Catholic Academy, Hebburn)
- Abbie Lambert (St Bede's RC, Lanchester)
- Bethany Middlemas (Hermitage Academy, Chester-le-Street)
- Natalie Clarke (St Bede's RC, Lanchester)
- Dominyka Podziute (Southmoor Academy, Sunderland)
- Alexis Prest (Red House Academy, Sunderland)
- Melissa Storey (Hetton School)
- Bethany White (Hebburn School)
- Sharna Wilkinson (Harton College of Technology)
- Rachel Woolston (Biddick Academy, Washington)
ESFA CHAIRMAN'S NEWS SEPTEMBER 2016
Nominations are open for a Council Member to replace John Appleby in the Midlands Region. Please ask anyone who may be interested to contact the ESFA Chief Executive if they would like to know about what is involved.
Annual General Meeting 2016
Andrea Chilton has confirmed to everyone that the ESFA AGM will be on Saturday 10 September 2016, as had been previously intimated. The venue has now been confirmed as the Wesley Hotel, more or less adjacent to Euston Station. As you know the plans are to hold a Special General Meeting in the morning followed by the AGM. As part of their Service Level Agreement County Schools Football Associations are committed to attending one meeting a year with the ESFA and we now have a confirmed attendance of nearly 70 of our Associations.
The Officers and Trustees will meet on Friday 23 September at the ESFA HQ with Council convening on the Saturday for a one-day meeting.
Danone Primary Finals 2016-2017
To have arranged the Primary Schools Danone Finals at the home of the 2015-2016 Premier League Champions was an act of amazing foresight for which the Competitions Department are to be congratulated. We wish Lewisham, as winners of the District 7-a-side Final at the King Power Stadium, all the best as they travel to Paris next month to represent the ESFA and England at the Danone World Finals. I am hoping that Danone will take some of our staff with them to France.
Greg Clarke has been elected as the next FA Chairman. He was formerly the Chairman of the Football League. If any of you are interested in tickets to watch the England team at Wembley, please ask one of your Council Members to order tickets for you. England play Malta in October and Scotland in November.
Welsh FA News
Bronwen Thomas, who played for our ESFA Under 15 team during Season 2014-2015, has now transferred her allegiance to Wales, as both her parents are Welsh. Her father Ian emailed me recently to say that Jane Ludlow, the Wales FA Women’s Manager, had called up Bronwen to the Wales Senior Squad to face the Republic of Ireland. She made her Welsh debut on Sunday 21 August. Ian commented…..
We remain so grateful to the ESFA for the opportunity they gave Bronwen. It gave such a platform to her having only that season decided to go via the Centre of Excellence route with football. I think Jane Ludlow is planning for the future given Wales now can't qualify for the Euros.
Many of you will know Norman as the former Secretary of Suffolk County Schools Football Association. He is 100 on Thursday 1 September and, as your Chairman, I have been invited to his birthday party that afternoon. This letter is with you in time for you send a card! His address is Jubilee House, Seckford Almshouses, Seckford Street, Woodbridge, Suffolk IP12 4NB.
Sport and Recreation Alliance
I will be attending the next S+RA meeting in London on Tuesday 27 September. Stuart Inger will continue to go to meetings of the National Council for School Sport (NCSS).
I would like to finish by thanking everyone for their support and co-operation over the past two years. It was an unexpected honour to be asked to continue for a further year as your Chairman. I am particularly pleased to have been involved to a certain degree in the induction of Andrea as our Chief Executive. As well as thanking her I would also wish to thank Alan Johnston for all he has done to assist me over the two years. In the near future when I retire from Council it will be difficult to say good bye to the staff, who I have known either as one of their office colleagues or as a Council Member for the past 20 years. I can say without hesitation that they have all been as kind, generous and helpful as any group could be over the past two years.
The past two years have provided many memories:
- Witnessing the commitment of so many of you to the ESFA cause
- Winning both the Centenary Shield and the Bob Docherty Cup in 2016
- National Finals superbly organised at great locations
- The generosity of many of you towards the Harefield Hospital Children’s Ward, as my chosen Chairman’s charity, leading to a four-figure donation
- Invitations to many local County and District events which I attended whenever possible
- Being able to present colleagues with their 40 and 50 Year ESFA Awards
Next page: DCSFA Officers